The XFL says the draft pool will include about 1,000 football players, all of whom accepted a commissioner’s invitation and passed a background check.
In phases 1-4, each team will choose ten players for a total of 40. In phase 5, each team will choose from the pool of remaining players to complete its initial roster.
A snake format will be used so the selection order within each phase reverses after every round. The order was determined by a lottery.
In the first phase, the Tampa Bay Vipers have the 5th pick.
The draft will take place via video conference call but will not be televised
Each team will be assigned one QB before anything. Then the phases are as follows
1. Skill Players (QB, RB, WR, TE)
2. Offensive Line (OT, OG, OC)
3. Defensive Front Seven (DL, LB)
4. Defensive Backfield (CB, NB, SS, FS)
5. Open Draft (all remaining players after positional drafts, in addition to PKLS)